Do you want to help your friends, family, roommates and co-workers stay healthy? A flu shot not only helps prevent you from getting the flu, it also protects everyone in the community.
When you get a flu shot, you protect those you live with. You also help protect:
- People who live in close quarters such as residence halls
- Those with chronic illnesses and pregnant women who are at high-risk for flu related complications
- Individuals who have a weakened immune system
- People who are unable to get a vaccine, for example, people with allergies to the vaccine or any ingredient in it
- Babies younger than 6 months of age who are too young to get a flu vaccine
- Elderly people who are at a greater risk for getting ill from the flu
Cougs help Cougs stay well — and that means getting a flu vaccine.
Health & Wellness Services is giving flu shots every Friday from September 29 – October 27 between 10 am – 3 pm, in the Washington Building, room G41. Bring your insurance card.