e-CHECKUP TO GO
What is e-CHECKUP TO GO?
e-CHECKUP TO GO is an interactive, confidential web survey that allows you to enter information about your drinking patterns and receive personalized feedback about your alcohol use. e-CHECKUP TO GO enables you to monitor changes in your drinking patterns and can alert you to potentially dangerous drinking habits.
Whether or not you chose to drink, e-CHECKUP TO GO is a valuable tool for understanding your drinking patterns or even empowering you to help someone you care about who may be drinking at a level that’s concerning.
The online assessment takes about 15–20 minutes to complete and is self-guided. The personalized feedback includes useful information about:
- Quantity and frequency of alcohol use
- Amount consumed
- Average WSU student drinking habits
- Physical health information
- Amount and percent of income spent on alcohol
- Negative consequences of drinking
- Explanations, advice, and local referral information
e-CHECKUP TO GO is mandatory
All incoming first-year and transfer students on the Pullman campus who are degree seeking and under the age of 21 as of Aug. 1 (fall semester), and Jan. 1 (Spring semester) are required to take the e-CHECKUP TO GO online survey. This includes students living on- or off-campus, and those attending part- or full-time.
Some students are not required to complete e-CHECKUP TO GO, including students who do not attend the Pullman campus and students over the age of 21 as of Aug. 1 (fall semester), and Jan. 1 (spring semester).
Other mandatory programs
In addition to e-CHECKUP TO GO, you may need to complete other mandatory programs.
Online access instructions
IMPORTANT: The e-CHECKUP TO GO requirement is often not completed due to missing a step in the instructions, which results in a registration hold. Please follow each step below to successfully submit your e-CHECKUP TO GO survey. To take e-CHECKUP TO GO, you’ll need:
- Internet access
- Access to Chrome or Internet Explorer
- 15–20 minutes of uninterrupted time
Steps to finish the e-CHECKUP TO GO requirement:
- Visit e-CHECKUP TO GO and click “I have not completed the eCHECKUP TO GO previously.”
- Write down or screen shot your user ID number. You will need this if you want to access e-CHECKUP TO GO later and monitor your drinking patterns or to confirm your completion.
- Click “begin” and complete the survey.
- Click next at the bottom of each page to review your survey. Failing to click next on each page will prevent you from submitting your survey.
- To finish the e-CHECKUP TO GO requirement, you must submit an Electronic Verification of Completion (EVC). Failure to submit your EVC will result in a hold on your student account. To submit your EVC, click “Verify completion of your eCHECKUP TO GO” on the Resources tab.
- Check the box confirming, “YES, I want to verify that I completed this program by providing my personal information” and click next.
- Type your name, email, and WSU ID number. Select “Health Promotion Cougar Health Services” to send your verification to us and click next.
- Check the box to agree to terms of service and click “Submit”.
- Print your certificate if you want to. After the screen reads “Verification Complete,” you can log out.
What happens if I do not take the survey?
e-CHECKUP TO GO is a mandatory requirement. If you do not compete e-CHECKUP TO GO and submit your EVC, you will have a hold on your student account which prevents you from registering for next semester.
The only way to remove the hold is to complete the survey and submit your EVC. Temporary removal of a hold is not an option. Holds will be lifted every Friday after we receive your EVC. If after that timeframe you still have a hold on your account, please email us.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com (Note: Per WSU’s email policy, responses to emailed inquiries may only be sent to your official WSU email account.)