Real Talk Thursdays
If you’re struggling with an issue or just need some quick tips on navigating a situation, Real Talk Thursdays are for you!
Real Talk Thursdays are 30-minute workshops offered every week in which mental health counselors offer tips and guidance on a variety of topics. You can watch them live or check out recordings of previous sessions below.
If you’ve attended a session, please provide feedback so we can improve our services.
Spring 2022 Real Talk Sessions
1:30-2:00 p.m. via Zoom
Social Media and the Dangers of Self-Diagnosis | Join Zoom
Men Need Friends Too. Here's How to Make Them. | Join Zoom
Is My Relationship "Toxic?" | Join Zoom
The Power Balance, Pt. 2: Navigating Professional Boundaries for Grad Students | Join Zoom
Finding Your Mid-Semester Motivation | Join Zoom
It's Not All on You: The Systems Contributing to Your Mental Health and What to do About It | Join Zoom
Managing Grief While Managing Life | Join Zoom
Coping with the Stress of Graduating | Join Zoom
Understanding Your Sexual and Gender Identities | Join Zoom
Overcoming the Perils of Perfectionism | Join Zoom
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Social Justice
Mental and Physical Health
- Living in the Age of Fear: Learning How to Cope | Watch
- Where Mental Health Meets ‘Macho’: Finding Wellbeing While Being Masculine | Watch
- How Important is Sleep, Really?
- Living Life for Yourself (Not Just Everyone Else) | Watch
- Mental Health and the Holidays: Tips to Manage Stress | Watch
- Normal Reactions to Abnormal Events | Watch
- Let’s Take a Breather - Relaxation During Times of Stress
- Tell Me Something Good! Building Healthy Positivity | Watch
- Studying and Learning
- Managing Pre-Election Stress | Watch
- Navigating Post-Election Reactions
- COVID Tips