Flu Shots Protect Us
Don’t let the flu steal your semester! Get a flu shot to help ensure you stay healthy – and help keep our Cougar community healthy, too.
The flu is a contagious respiratory disease with symptoms like fever, cough, aches, and fatigue. It can cause mild to severe illness, which is why it’s so important to get immunized against it. It’s also important that you get your flu shot early in the season; after getting a flu vaccine, it takes about two weeks for your body to develop the antibodies that will protect you from influenza.
Flu symptoms closely resemble COVID-19 symptoms, so it can be hard to tell the difference between the two. If you have flu or COVID symptoms, contact Cougar Health Services at 509-335-3575.
Remember that without flu and COVID immunizations, you’re at risk of contracting both illnesses – perhaps simultaneously. Protecting yourself with both shots is vital to public health.
Join Us for Flu Shot Fridays
We will host vaccine clinics for Pullman students every Friday, September 30-November 4. More information will be available in late august.
Appointments are required.
- Students (undergraduate and graduate) can schedule an appointment through the Patient Portal.
- Faculty, staff and family members will schedule through Range Community Clinic. A limited supply of COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson) are available to request when making an appointment.
- Questions about faculty, staff and family vaccines should be sent to Keli Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flu Shot Friday Schedule
Flu Shot Fridays have ended this year. We will update the schedule again in September 2022.
- Prior to your arrival, check for COVID-19 symptoms like fever, cough, shortness of breath, or headache. If showing any symptoms, please do not attend the event. See the full CDC symptoms list here.
- If you know or think you’ve been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please do not attend the event. See self-quarantine resources for assistance.
- Wear a mask.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Please bring your CougarCard (or Photo ID) and proof of insurance.
*Make sure to bring your insurance card! We will not take payment at the time of service for Flu Shot Fridays, but we will get your insurance information for billing.
Flu shots are covered 100% by most insurance plans.
- Students can contact the CHS billing office at 509-335-3575 with questions about coverage or for those currently without medical insurance.
- Faculty, staff and family members can contact Keli Riley at email@example.com or call 509-505-7481 with questions about coverage or for those currently without medical insurance.
Make sure to bring your insurance card! We will not take payment at the time of service for Flu Shot Fridays, but we will get your insurance information for billing.